Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Thursday, April 15, 2004

ISA or IZZY?

I want to mark the historic beginning to my blog with another historic event. My sister gave birth to a girl on 13 April 2004. Her name is Isabell and she weighed in at a whoppin' 7 pounds, 5 ounces! She's got red hair at the moment, so there's hope for her yet.

True to form, I have already taken to calling my niece "Izzy". Equally true to form, this is already annoying my sister. She likes "Isa" better. I am not sure. On the one hand, my sister (a wildlife vet) does wrestle bears for a living. She's also a crack shot with a tranquilizer gun. These are good reasons to call her daughter "Isa".

On the other hand, she lives on the East Coast and far from here. I am pretty safe to call my niece whatever I please until the next family get-together.

Welcome to the family, Isabell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home