Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Friday, April 16, 2004

Papa Loves Mambo

I can't help it! I am the Mambo King! I love this stuff. It reminds me of a more innocent time, when I learned salsa from the "Salsa Nazi", a gentleman who wore jumpsuits and two-toned shoes and insisted that his class swing its collective hips. Schnell! Schnell!

Here's an analysis of Apple's 2nd quarter earnings. Things look pretty good: the company is moving CPUs (especially in the laptop market), it has billions in the bank and it recently paid off some long-term debt. Earnings beat estimates at 12 cents a share. The company is selling ipod minis as fast as they can make them (which isn't as fast as they'd like) but there isn't a lot of margin with those things.

Seamus the Vampire Slayer

I came home last night to find my big tomcat, Seamus, drenched in blood. It seems he was in a fight with a vampire: there were two puncture wounds near his jugular. I immediately took him to the vet, where they shaved around the wounds, cleaned him up and gave him several shots. The vet assured me that the likely culprit was another cat. Cats have "dirty mouths" so infection was likely. However, Seamus got to the vet in time to nip it in the bud. The vet gave me some anti-biotic and recommended that I come back in a few months for FIV (feline HIV) tests, just in case.

Seamus is a big cat, and a bruiser when cornered. I shudder to think what the other cat looks like. I am not sure who the other cat may be. Seamus is outside more often than inside but he has an understanding with the usual suspects that hang out on our block. Perhaps there is a new gunslinger in town. They always go gunnin' for Seamus.

Still, it broke my heart to see him so low. He spent most of the evening in my lap, sleeping off a fever. Fortunately, he seemed more himself this morning. He REALLY wanted to go outside. He hasn't performed the "coffee table slide" or the cannon-ball dive from the top of the couch but his voice was in top form.

Needless to say, he's staying inside for a couple of days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home