Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Friday, May 28, 2004

Don't Panic! Bossa Nova Instead.

I know what you are saying, "But Uncle Patrick I have no idea where to begin!"

Fear not, for I have a way to ease you into Bossa Nova: Bebel Gilberto's Tanto Tempo. She covers quite a few bossa nova standards, using very smooth arrangements. One can quite easily sit and relax listening to her. And before you know it, you'll be swinging your hips with the best of 'em.

And let's not overlook the classic Getz/Gilberto. How can you go wrong with Astrud Gilberto singing "The Girl From Ipanema"? I spent one glorious afternoon a few years ago driving a Spider along the Big Sur and listening to this album. I was so hip, I could hardly stand it. You can be hip too!

And as long as we can produce music like this, I think we're going to be ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home