Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Friday, May 14, 2004

Link-O-Rama

My next recommendation is another jazz CD: Django Rhinehardt's Djangology. He was a gypsy guitarist with few peers, with an accessible swing style. His partner in crime, Stephanne Grappeli, and their band, The Hot Club du France, absorbed American jazz styles and reconfigured them as string quintet compositions (did you notice that I have snuck in two more recommendations?). Of course, all most people need to know is that this music makes you feel good.

I have decided that the next book I tackle will be Rick Atkinson's An Army At Dawn. This chronicles the Second World War in North Africa and was highly recommended. I'll let you know what I think when I'm done.

In other news, I sent the first forty pages (or so) of a rough draft to several unwitting victims - er, I mean friends. I am writing a young adult fantasy novel and I've struggled through a few drafts already, trying to figure out where I am going with it. I think I've finally seized upon the concepts I like and I have developed several characters who can go the distance. Of course, that's what I think. We shall see if it survives first contact with the enemy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home