Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Join Us...Join Us...

I bought a PC the other day from Dell. I expect it to arrive over the weekend. I bought it in order to work at home, to play around with Linux and to play MMORPGs (City of Heroes!)with friends. I have an iMac at home right now and I intend to keep it, so we will be a two computer family.

It feels funny crossing over to the dark side. I have been a Mac fan for a very long time. I still am. They are excellent computers (if expensive). But there are some things I want to explore - such as open source software - that I don't feel comfortable doing on the Mac platform. And there is always the game issue. With MMORPGs growing in popularity and sophistication, it is hard to sit on the sidelines and watch my friends enjoy them. The idea of hanging out with friends from all over North America without having to burn up vacation time and buying plane tickets is appealing too.

And for those of you who always wanted to enjoy Louis Armstrong but didn't know where to start, then try the sampler from the Ken Burns Jazz series. It covers his entire career and includes "Heebie Jeebies" and "St. Louis Blues." I am enjoying it right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home