Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Monday, July 12, 2004

A Little Somethin' Somethin'

I watched some spanish pop videos on Univision this morning at the gym. Watching pop music videos in english is silly; watching them in spanish is even sillier.

I spent my weekend in San Antonio for my mother-in-law's birthday. I spent a big chunk of that time eating (which was good) and another chunk of time cleaning and doing yard work. Mind you, the yard work was done at my house but there was an awful lot of it.

We had dinner on Sunday at the Liberty Bar off Josephine Street in San Antonio. It's a funky old house that leans a bit to the left (I mean that literally). The food is pretty good, if you can manage to keep it from sliding off the table. It is very Austin-esque and a good time was had by all.

I received some early birthday presents from my sister this weekend too. They weren't wrapped, so what are you gonna do? I got a copy of Terry Pratchets The Wee Free Men and Leo Kottke's 6- and 12-String Guitar CD. Mr. Kottke is one of the best guitarists around and this CD is a classic! Thanks, Sis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home