Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Hence the Lack of Blogging

My wife and I had an interesting weekend. I will give a full accounting when I can but I want to resolve a few things before I blog about it.

Does anybody out there have any thoughts on wireless internet connections and Linux? Anyone?

I began a long-overdue re-read of Henry Kissinger's Diplomacy. It is a must read for anyone interested in foreign policy and the book strikes me as particularly timely today. I must admit that I can not help but hear Mr. Kissinger's heavy accent in my head as I read it. My Dad mentioned that he's recently finished a book entitled A History of Coffee, which piques my interest, especially after that fantastic Costa Rica trip.

I have a CD burner in my PC and I've been playing around with it. As many of you may know, iTunes is available for Windows. It is a great program and it's free. I discovered this weekend that it also generates interesting jewel case art and music lists too. What a deal!

An old high school friend of mine lives in Ohio and we don't talk as much as we should. He recently picked up a copy of City of Heroes and we started playing the onlive game together last week. We spend as much time chatting as we do fighting crime! This highlights one of the most attractive features of MMORPGs: the ability to connect with people across long distances in real time and interact with them in ways one cannot accomplish over the phone. We are trying to make Wednesday nights a regular thing. Tres cool!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home