Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

How Am I Ridin'? I'm Ridin' High!

Since I am as smart as I am good looking, I failed to set my alarm clock last night and overslept this morning. I did not go to the gym but my internal alarm clock woke me too early to get that good sleep one sometimes gets just before waking. So I feel a little off.

Perhaps this malaise is a hold over from last night's Olympics. The judges must have been on crack, if their scoring was any indication. The whole idea of judging gymnastics is a farce. How can someone possibly discern the minute differences between performances on that level (aside from obvious stumbles and such)? Assuming one can make those distinctions, how does one quantify them into a numerical score? It is quite clear that the people assigned those tasks are not up to the job. And those kids who work their butts off must pay for it. Sheesh...

On a positive note, I send out my proposal for a book to Wizards of the Coast today. The game company also publishes a line of novels based upon their games and my proposal is one of many sent in response to this open call. A single page synopsis and a ten page sample. I worked pretty damn hard on this and got some great feedback from tough readers (see Eric's Musings in the link section to the right). Here's hoping!

1 Comments:

Blogger Uncle Patrick said...

I'd like to Ms. Pie but I should wait until the 31 August deadline passes before I give away any secrets!

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home