Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Friday, August 13, 2004

Whither Watchmen?

According to this article, Jude Law wants to play the role of self-made superhero Ozymandias in a film version of Alan Moore's Watchmen. I have nothing against the fellow. I have not seen many of his movies but I am told by people whose opinions I respect that he's pretty good. He may be a little short and thin for the part but whatever. In my opinion, Sting would be a good pick for the role but I have absolutely no say in what happens in the entertainment industry. James Marsters (Spike in Buffy and Angel) would be a great choice too.

While I am at it, I'd cast Robin Williams as Nite Owl, Arnold the Governor as the Comedian and Jessica Biel as the Silk Spectre. Dr. Manhattan would be CGI, so anyone with a deep voice could be cast there. Leonard Nemoy would be a great Moloch.

But what about Rorshach? That's really tough. At the moment, I'd give the part to Wil Wheaton who I believe once expressed an interest in the role. He has the chops and it would be a great "shout out" to fellow geek travelers like myself.

What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home