Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Check this frequency, Kenneth.

Get out while you can, Mr. Rather. The blogosphere smells blood.

Sadly, we may never discuss the merits (or lack thereof) of your story regarding the President's National Guard record. The questions raised by the documents you used to support the story taint the issue beyond all hope of recovery. Although I personally do not think this issue is very important, or even relevant, when weighed against considerations of the war on terror and the economy (I thought the Clinton revival meant that issues regarding personal integrity didn't matter when we consider our leaders) , you and I both know that a news story is a news story. And this one can destroy your career and undermine the integrity of network news (assuming that there is integrity to undermine).

You might think that you can tough this one out. And you may be right. But you've been punked, Mr. Rather. It may be time for you to come on home. The university will hire you in a second. They might even give you a parking space near campus!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree, dear I think that there IS a story there--it's just a shame that this document taints the investigation into what this lame ass rich daddy's boy retard chump did to avoid Vietnam while remaining complicit in the shit slinging at a man who had the balls to actually do his duty and GO. Nobody's accusing Rather of forging the document, and if newspeople had to quit their jobs for reporting lies they believed were true, there would be a massive diaspora from all the major networks
(particularly the slime at FOX) for reporting just about everything LARDBRC (see above) has ever said, because we know what his word's worth.
Just my 2 cents.
Love, Your Wife

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disagree, dear I think that there IS a story there--it's just a shame that this document taints the investigation into what this lame ass rich daddy's boy retard chump did to avoid Vietnam while remaining complicit in the shit slinging at a man who had the balls to actually do his duty and GO. Nobody's accusing Rather of forging the document, and if newspeople had to quit their jobs for reporting lies they believed were true, there would be a massive diaspora from all the major networks
(particularly the slime at FOX) for reporting just about everything LARDBRC (see above) has ever said, because we know what his word's worth.
Just my 2 cents.
Love, Your Wife

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops--sorry for the double post!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if we had to get rid of every lame ass rich daddy's boy retard chump in polotics we'd have a massive diaspora from our government. And Michael Moore would have to join them, since he's clearly involved in polotics. Bottom line, (and I have served in the military) he got an honorable discharge. He was a pilot. He did fly planes. I have heard he logged quite a few hours. Why is this a question? People who go AWOL are missed. Everyone is responsible to someone else. They get reported. He just disappeared and no one noticed? Except one guy who covered it up, but covered his butt by writing a secret memo and keeping it hidden? Please. I have not seen the docuements myself, but I suspect that it's because John Kerry has no issues he can talk about. To hear Kerry's speachs you'd think America was doomed and it's all George's fault. Doom, doom, doom. I just don't see it. I don't aggree with everything Bush stands for, but he's a better choice than John Kerry. And I like our political system. I am proud to be an American.

Fadeproof W. Wicked

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to look up diaspora. Now that is a 20 dollar word. And I ment to say agree not aggree. Sorry. In a moment of passion my mind/fingers got away from me. Plus I can't spell.

Fadeproof W. Wicked

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it's politics not polotics, but I still dislike Michael Moore.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaches? I could never run for President. Can you believe I have some college?

Fadeproof W Wicked

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home