Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Economic Girlie-Men

I have not been watching the Republican Convention and I don't plan to do so. I am content with the coverage provided by the News Hour on PBS. But I do enjoy a good speech and I am sorry I missed this one.

Instead of filling my head with nattering nabobs of negativity, I've been reading China Mieville's The Scar. I did not like Perdido Street Station very much but the sequel is quite good, if you can deal with the plot's glacier pace.

Speaking of glacier pace, the new comics arrive today. Nothing looks enticing. This week looks to be one where I reach back into the past for good comics. For instance, I may pick up the Fallen Angel trade that everyone is so ga-ga about (see the Howling Curmudgeon link). I may pick up vol. 4 of the Morrison run on New X-Men. And I might pick up another volume of Queen & Country.

I'll see your Bjork and I'll raise her with Nina Simone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good in what sense? That Arnold performed well for a tool? Yick, no thanks.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that was th first time I read his whole speach. Very good. Almost brought me to tears. Seriously. Michael Moore can keep his pessimistic everything-is-a- conspiracy documentary. I'll take Arnold any day. Girlie men. You got to love it.

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home