Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Hey Kids, Comics!

I picked up a comic today and here are some thoughts:

The Return of Adam Strange no.1. Decompression is here to stay. I must reconcile myself with that fact. This issue is all set up. But there is a lot to like here. The writer, Andy Diggle, is the mastermind behind The Losers and he knows how to write an action scene. The main character begins at a low point but comes back into his own in a big way by the end of this issue. I've ever had much interest in Adam Strange (after all, he's just a dude with a jet pack and a pair of ray guns) but I his story reminds me of a Edgar Rice Burroughs novel. And Pascal Ferry's art is fantastic! I look forward to the rest of the series. I hope they can keep this up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home