Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Friday, September 03, 2004

Whoa

I am recovering from Matrix Revolutions which my wife and I inflicted upon ourselves last night. What a bad movie. The actions scenes and the effects were impressive but the dialogue could have been written by an elementary school kid. The plot made no sense. I will say this: the climactic fight scene between the protagonist and antogonist gives me hope that Bryan Singer's Superman movie will be something special!

And the fact that Bryan Singer left the X-Men movie franchise to direct Superman gives me hope that Joss Whedon will take up the mutant banner.

I took some time recently to sit down and listen to Dukas' The Sorceror's Apprentice. Like you, I only really know that piece from Fantasia (the bit where Mickey Mouse animates the brooms and hilarity ensues) and I picked up a CD of his work on a lark. But now that I've given it some of my undivided attention, I must say that I am very impressed by it. It is a joyous work and it is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Highly recommended for kids.

The DVD collection of Alias' 3rd season is due on 7 September. And there was much rejoicing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home