Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Playing House

I rather enjoyed the Bryan Singer/Hugh Laurie show "House" last night. I have long been a fan of Mr. Laurie's work, from "The Fry and Laurie Show" to "Black Adder" to "Jeeves and Wooster". Of course, those shows were broad comedy and his timing and expressive face serves him really well in that genre. He is not playing for the big laugh in "House" and his flat American accent threw me off for a moment but in the end he is more than up to the challenge. I don't watch a lot of television and I watch hospital/medical dramas even less but I may keep this on my list as long as it lasts.

And speaking of television: I have heard that ABC will move "Alias" to Wednesday nights and join "Lost" on the shcedule in January when "Alias" premieres its fourth season. The only other shows I like to watch and they're BOTH on during game night with my homies....dagnabbit.


My friends and I are wrestling with an important question: do we play Everquest II or World of Warcraft next? What do you think?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we actually watch Alias "live" not that we're all caught up on DVD?

7:02 AM  
Blogger Uncle Patrick said...

Well, you certainly can. I appear to have a conflict with game night.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home