Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Tis the Season

We had the first hard freeze of the season last night. Our pets' outside waterdishes were solid ice. A heavy mist rises from the river outside my office and the grass is crusty and white. I type this in an attempt to transistion from thoughts about the weather and personal stuff to the heavy work ahead of me today.

I think that my former administrative assistants (who used to bemoan the fact that I had an office while they languished in cubicles) will enjoy the fact that I am currently working in a cubicle. In order to see the aforementioned misty river, I have to walk to someone else's office. It is a pretty generous cube, for all that, and I am close enough to several members of our admin staff that I can torture them with minimal effort on my part. It hasn't come to spitballs over the walls of the cubicles but I feel that we are mighty close! My former assistants will also note that the admins here have no idea what to do with me either.

I picked up a copy of the extended version of The Return of the King yesterday but I haven't watched it yet. The movie is now four hours long and I don't have the energy right now to give it the attention it deserves. I did watch House last night and I enjoyed it. I still can't get over the fact that the same guy who plays an amiable English buffoon so well can also play an American curmudgeon (some would say "ass"). Those are some acting chops there, kids! I wonder when Stephen Fry will show up.

If you haven't already, by all means pick up a copy of Vince Guraldi's (spelling?) A Charlie Brown Christmas. If that stuff doesn't put you in the proper mood, then you are a stone-cold killah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home