Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Uncle Patrick's Almanac

Today is the anniversary of Jules Verne's birthday. Happy Birthday!

Today is also the anniversary of the execution of Mary, Queen of Scots. Happy, er, Execution Day!

It is official: Wizards of the Coast selected a new author to write a book in their Dungeons and Dragons/Eberron line. Unfortunately, it is not me. When I told my wife, she said that the people at WotC were clearly replaced by editors with no taste (possibly on loan from the Fox network). We haven't seen the rejection letter yet, but this is what my wife predicts it will say:

"...we suck and that we are fools not to have chosen your entry. We had guest judges from the FOX network judging our entries and they are notoriously averse to quality. Thank you for your time. Look for the winning entry: "Topless She-demons from Hell Try to Choose Who is Their Real Father in Order to be the CEO of the Mega-Corporation and then Have A Makeover" at a bookstore near you."

Of course, it's not that bad. I am sure that the winner will tell a great story. But it sure was funny!

Speaking of Fox, my wife and I discovered that our Wonderfalls DVD set had two copies of the first disc and no copy of the second disc. D'Oh! I went to Best Buy (where I got it) and was told that I couldn't exchange it. Double D'Oh! So I went to Borders and bought another set. I checked and it has all of the right discs. Lesson: don't buy DVDs at Best Buy.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm... Where can I get a copy of that Topless She-Demons book?... It sounds intriguing... Seriously, Uncle Patrick, you need to stop trying to get such a mega-sponsor and just write!!! Your adoring public wants to read your work, and the publishing industry is going to hell (where the She-Demons live) anyway - right alongside the gaming industry's attempts at mass market appeal. Don't join them in their downward spiral! Tell your stories, and the readers will follow! Grassroots, baby! Power to the people! Down with mega-corporations! The King Is Dead! Long Live The King! (?) Anonymous in Ohio - mjt!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home