Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Happy Anniversary!

Today is the 3rd aniversary of my marriage. My wife is a wonderful, beautiful woman and I am amazed that she managed to stick around this long! If you see her, shake her hand.

We watched House last night and it was pretty good. The human drama stuff creeped in and took over the episode. House told his three minions that one of them was going to be fired at the end of the week. The three young doctors began bickering and jockeying for position. As always, I leave the medical stuff to Polite Dissent (link at right). I maintain that this show does an excellent job with its characters and delineating the relationships between them. Last night's episode was no exception.

2 Comments:

Blogger mad science said...

Happy Aniver... uhm Happy annual cellibration of your wedding day. I have no idea how to spell that other word and seem to have temprarly misplaced the lab's dictionary.

1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both! Best wishes for the future..... I've started to turn House on and have it running in the background while playing on the computer on Tuesday nights - so keep in mind that my opinion is far, far, FAR from totally informed (but that's not going to stop me from providing it - wink). The character of Dr House is indeed delightful, and I enjoy the actor's performance (although I don't have the previous Black Adder experience to draw upon - I know, I know, it's on the list). But this new "strict finance oriented administrator" conflict seems like it's been done before. It's almost a cliche of hospital shows, isn't it? And what's with the traitorous young british doctor? (Is he played by an american? ...hee,hee) What does having a "mole" on the team have to do with solving medical mysteries and enjoying the antics of a sharp witted curmudgeon? I like the individuals' personalities on this show, and seeing their interactions. I don't want to see it become the "righteous individual vs. the system" show. Oh my, look at me. I'm getting pulled in. Guess I'll have to keep watching to see what happens. You've converted another one Uncle Patrick!..... Speaking of medical shows, did you see the premier of the new Grey's Anatomy? I got intrigued with the concept of the first year of medical internship by reading Polite Dissent's exploits from his past. There is one character on the show that I appreciate - a young asian woman who plays against the usual "young asian woman" stereotype and is edgy, pushy, smartass, and a bit obnoxious. I found it refreshing!..... Mjt!

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home