Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

If The House is A-Rockin', Don't Bother Knockin'

I wonder if the producers of the show House read this blog. If so, then they are extraordinarily spry in making changes within a single week. Last night, the show introduced some changes to its basic formulae. A new character, the new CEO of the hospital, was introduced and instantly became Dr. House's foil. The conflict between these two characters will add a much needed new dimension to the storyline. As much as I like the "disease-of-the-week" (more on that at the estimable Polite Dissent, link at right), it was stretched thin. I like the show and I like the characters, so I am all for any attempts to keep them fresh.

And I just learned that yesterday was the anniversary of H.P. Lovecraft's death. He was only 46 when he died. To mark the occassion, here is an essay about his work (and, in particular, the recent Library of America omnibus edition of his work) for your perusal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home