Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Thursday, March 24, 2005

My Dog is a Complete Geek

I am so embarrased for my golden retriever. She came home from work last night with a copy of Star Wars: The Clone Wars DVD and made me watch it. I mean it: every time I tried to get off the couch, she'd growl and show me her teeth. I had to pee in a cup. Anyway, the animation was pretty lame but the story was packed with action. Obi-Wan Kenobi seemed kind of gay to me, though. And how does Anakin Skywalker's duel with the evil Jedi (not Sith because there can only be two and those slots are filled...stupid rule!) bring him closer to the Dark Side? What is he doing that no other Jedi is doing (which is to say, kicking butt and taking names)? And I think I see a way for the good guys to win the Clone Wars: just send Samuel Jackson in by himself. His character takes on an entire robot army by himself, without his lightsaber. I am not sure Mr. Lucas can sell me on the idea that Darth Sidious can take Samuel Jackson in a fight. Oops...did I spoil something here?

The dog brought a couple of comics home and left them on the coffee table. Desperate for a diversion during the cartoon, I read them when the dog wasn't looking. Grant Morrison's The Guardian, which is part of his massive Seven Soldiers project, was a lot of fun. Subway pirates? Sweet! I read Runaways as well but there wasn't much to it.

I added a little program to my Firefox browser that updates me on Abe Vigoda's health. I am not kidding. You will be glad to know that he is alive and well as of this writing.

I also have a weather update program for my browser. It is cloudy right now but will turn mostly sunny later.

I am going to take a page from my good friend Mad Science (over at the Grinding Metal blog, which you see to the right) and mention something that really gets my knickers in a twist. Apparently, IMAX theaters in Texas are not running a film entitled "Volcanoes of the Deep Sea" because it suggests a link between human DNA and microbes that live in these deep sea volcanoes. That smacks of evolution, son! Here's a link to the story.

What gets my goat is the fact that my local IMAX theater is apparently one of them. This theater is in Austin and is located right across the street from the university. It should know better! I despair for our youth...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Protest your righteous indignation! Write to imax at info@imax.com and tell them you won't stand for the damn
fundies and their anti-intellectualist
crap! Write to the Bullock and shame them for calling themselves a museum
contactus@TheStoryofTexas.com. Be uppity! It feels good!
(Patrick's uppity wife)

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And here I was wondering what Uncle Patrick's lovely wife thought of the dog's new hobbies!... It appears she's all concerned about this (not so) new anti-intellectualism trend in our country. I think the dog is safe...(grin) Mjt!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no. The dog is a total geek. I've
given up on her entirely!!!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home