Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Wow, That's Amazing.

I learned a valuable lesson this past week: the USPS sucks. I pre-ordered The Incredibles in late February but foolishly chose three day delivery. This meant I was at the tender mercies of the Postal Service. I was promptly informed the night before the DVD was scheduled for release that the package left the warehouse but then I didn't receive it for five more days. Attempts to ascertain its location via the internet failed utterly (until the day it arrived, the DVD sat in some way station in Kansas, as far as I can tell). I went a little crazy trying to figure out what was going on. But I am a sensitive fellow. I did get the thing in the end.

And what a great movie it is! The best comic book film ever! I read recently that Brad Bird, the film's writer/director, had no plans for a sequel. But Pixar would be foolish to let this potential licensing bonanza fall by the wayside. I've been reading The Big Picture by Edward Epstein and it tells me that movies are little more than loss-leaders for the home video market and toy licenses. Pixar devoted too much money and time to turn off the money spigot so soon. And if the quality of the sequel is as good as the original (no small feat, I grant you), then I say: "Bring it!"

Oh, and I saw House last night. Please refer to Polite Dissent for the medical review. I note that the show is ratcheting up the human drama element by adding yet another conflict, this time between House and his staff. Who will he fire? Then again, our hero is known for thinking "outside the box", so he may turn the tables on his new antagonist, the hospital CEO. We'll just have to wait and see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Incredibles DVD is worht it if only for the Sarah Vowell (Violet) interview! She's hilarious!

Linda

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home