Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Saturday, June 18, 2005

I wanted to clarify a few-er-errors in the yarn Mad Science is spinning over at Grinding Metal. My wife DID NOT pour a glass of 2003 Australian Sheraz on Mad "I just peed my pants" Science's head. It was an entire box of Franzetta wine. Then she beat him over the head with the empty box. Two people enter, one person leaves.

I picked up the first volume of Alan Moore's "Top 10" for the flight and I recommend it highly. It is a police procedural with a twist: everyone, from cops to homeless people, is either a super hero, a robot, an alien, or a giant monster. Mr. Moore takes standard super hero, fantasy and science fiction tropes and skews them, so that the stories seem fresher than the sum of their parts. Pick it up for a good, quick read.

Now to shoot me a bear for dinner...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... I can't decide who's version of the truth is more entertaining (and that's what the truth is all about, right?)... I noticed in both cases, that Mrs. HumidCedar was a force to be reckoned with. Perhaps the truth lies in distilling both stories down into one... This "Top 10" you mention, is it a graphic novel? That would be my presumption - although I don't want to be presumptive. (Whoopie! I actually got to use that word in a sentence!) Or is it a literary work?... Notorious Mjt!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Uncle Patrick said...

Top 10 is a TPB of the first few issues of the comic. There are several volumes and I am looking forward to reading vol. 2!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home