Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Family House

In a very special episode of House, we learn that: 1) lying is bad, but everyone does it; and 2) families sure are complicated. Last night's show wore its morals on its sleeve, which is pretty unusual. I am much happier when the characters show us rather than tell us (a notable exception being the episode where House demonstrates his point about perception versus reality but that was itself a marvelous bit of character), and there was a lot of telling last night.

That said, there were several things I enjoyed. I liked House's experiment with money. I liked the fact that Dr. Cameron was eager to learn more about House's family, but when push came to shove she left it alone. I REALLY liked the fact that R. Lee Ermey played House's father (I must be honest that I had hoped that a couple of well known British actors - like Dame Judi Dench and Geoffrey Palmer of As Time Goes By fame - would walk in sporting American accents). And I like the fact that House insists on riding a high-performance motorcycle when he has a bum leg.

Of course, I refer you to the excellent Polite Dissent for the medicine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home