Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Monday, March 06, 2006

And the winner is...

Blogging about the Oscars.

First, see By Ken Levine, a regular member of my Link-O-Rama.

Then, see Tom the Dog.

Then, Vince Keenan.

Very amusing stuff.

For my part, I only watched the opening monologue. Mr. Stewart was stiff and a little nervous but he was still funnier than any host in recent memory. And Kudos to George Clooney, who helped sell Mr. Stewart's joke about "Good Night and Good Luck". I admit that I haven't watched any of the best picture nominees but most of them are waiting on my Netflix queue.

As for my next TV post, I want to give people an opportunity to read the first part. It is below.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WELL IT'S ABOUT TIME! I'd begun to dispair that we'd never hear from dear Uncle Patrick ever again!

That Tomthedog fellow is quite amusing, and he's on my list of regular blogs I check on.

I too haven't seen any of the best picture nominees (yet). That's one of the reasons I always like watching the Oscars. I get to see clips that aren't on the TV trailers they show. And I like the tributes and montages they always put together. And I dig the beautiful chicks in their fancy dresses...

Welcome back to the rareified air of the blogosphere! (Yes, it IS rareified, not everyone has a blog - it just SEEMS that way) I'm glad you're back, and look forward to future posts!...

Mjt!

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home