Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Friday, August 11, 2006

Gym Tunes

"What do you listen to when you are at the gym?"

I am glad you asked! Here's a list of songs on my current workout playlist:

Catholic Schoolgirls Rule! by the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Bonin' in the Boneyard by Fishbone

Mr. Jones by Talking Heads

Firestarter by Prodigy

Breathe by Prodigy

More Human than Human by White Zombie

Bring Me to Life by Evanescence

He's a Pirate from the Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl soundtrack

Ape Suite #1 from the Planet of the Apes soundtrack (the recent version)

Naked Eye by Luscious Jackson

These tunes change almost daily and without notice; however, they are scientifically proven to rock your world.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that your taste in music far exceeds my simple ears. It is a nice mix of styles. Also, I am glad you posted these because I was not aware that "Bring Me to Life" was now on iTunes. Like I would really download the karaoke version of it...come on.

My "work-out" (just starting) and "mowing the lawn" music selection is as follows:

"How You Remind Me" - Nickelback
"Dani California" - Chili Peppers (add a pinch of pepper and "BAM")
"Bring Me to Life" - Evanescence (thanks Pat)
"Lightning Crashes" - Live
"Beautiful Day" - U2 (anyone that opens for a presidential library dedication is alright with me)
"More Human Than Human" - White Zombie (scary to think about the group, but the song rocks)
"Carry On Wayward Son" - Kansas
"Smells Like Teen Spirit" - Nirvana
"Sweet Child O' Mine" - Guns N' Roses (even my 7 year old son thinks this rocks, along with Welcome to the Jungle)
"Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love" - Van Halen (not Van Hager)

Yes, I like rock. Always have, always will. But, just like my wife was able to get me to enjoy crawfish, I am learning to enjoy other genres of music. I have another list for just relaxing (like on airplane trips).

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, where's the greatest workout tunes of all time? That's right, "Gonna Fly Now" by Bill Conti and "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor.

(Hey, if it's good enough for Rocky, it's good enough for you!)

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home