Humid Cedar

Chthonic, Tentacular, and just a little Squamous

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Last night, on Heroes

This is my first post in Blogger's updated system. Can you feel the quality?

I must say that I was a little disappointed in last night's episode of Heroes. I expected more than the incremental pacing of each storyline in a show that culminated in a lack-luster battle between a guy who can rip off locker doors with his mind and a guy who...can't rip off locker doors with his mind. Is it too much to ask from a show about people with super powers to have a super fight now and then?

And we never learn why saving a cheerleader will save the world. And what if Peter saved the wrong cheerleader?

I liked the interactions between Ando and Peter, Micah and D.L.. I liked the fact that two of the antagonists in the episode, Mr. Bennett and Nathan, acted from completely understandable motivations. Eden's power was supposed to be a big reveal but it wasn't too much of a stretch, given what we've seen of her interactions with Issac. I liked how she used it though, and how she worked in tandem with the creepy Haitian Who Erases Memories.

In other news, I understand that New Line - the company that produced the Lord of the Rings movies - will now produce The Hobbit. Alas, Peter Jackson will not be the one to direct the movie. Oh well.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share your slight disappointment -- you can see my specific comments at:

http://www.whiterose.org/butisitfun/archives/2006/11/sylar_and_the_a.html

Total bummer about New Line's decision. BTW, doesn't Peter Jackson look like Dominic Monaghan's dad?

--Chris

9:40 AM  
Blogger Uncle Patrick said...

I did not notice the resemblance before, but now that you mention it...

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I'm pretty excited about the upcoming Origins. It's a comic staple and love seeing them use it here. I'm was left worried about Heiro. God only know where he has zapped himself to now. I think he needs is own show every Sunday night.

On another note, Superteams are always hard to deal with and need the utmost care. While I did feel let down, I think I understand the reasoning for that type of mid series suspenseful moment. I believe there are more interesting things to come than the catchy phrase, STC, STW. There is no way this show survives if every climax is battle royale.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Uncle Patrick said...

I agree that pacing is an important consideration but I am not sure that one can have too many super battles. The one between Niki/Jessica and DL a few episodes ago was pretty cool!

I am interested to see where Hiro ended up too!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home